Constitution of February 1990.
(1) The official language of Namibia shall be English.
(2) Nothing contained in this Constitution shall prohibit the use of any other language as a medium of instruction in private schools or in schools financed or subsidised by the State, subject to compliance with such requirements as may be imposed by law, to ensure proficiency in the official language, or for pedagogic reasons.
(3) Nothing contained in Paragraph (1) shall preclude legislation by Parliament which permits the use of a language other than English for legislative, administrative and judicial purposes in regions or areas where such other language or languages are spoken by a substantial component of the population.
(2) No persons who are arrested shall be detained in custody without being informed promptly in a language they understand of the grounds for such arrest.
Every person shall be entitled to enjoy, practice, profess, maintain and promote any culture, language, tradition or religion subject to the terms of this Constitution and further subject to the condition that the rights protected by this article do not impinge upon the rights of others or the national interest.
(2) Where any persons are detained by virtue of such authorization as is referred to in Paragraph (1), the following provisions shall apply:
a) they shall, as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case not more than five (5) days after the commencement of their detention, be furnished with a statement in writing in a language that they understand specifying in detail the grounds upon which they are detained and, at their request, this statement shall be read to them;
b) not more than fourteen (14) days after the commencement of their detention, be furnished with a statement in writing in a language that they understand specifying in detail the grounds upon which they are detained and, at their request, this statement shall be read to them;
Constitution as adopted on 29 January 1968.
3. A person charged with an offence...
(b) shall be informed promptly in a language that he understands and in detail of the nature of the offence with which he is charged;...
(d) shall be permitted to have without payment the assistance of an interpreter if he cannot understand or speak the language used at the trial of the charge;.
以迪瓦那格里 (Devanagari) 文字書寫的尼泊爾語是尼泊爾民族的語言。尼泊爾語為官方語言。
Constitution as adopted on 9 November 1990.
(1) Nepal is a multi-ethnic, multilingual, democratic, independent, indivisible, sovereign, Hindu and Constitutional Monarchical Kingdom.
(1) The Nepali language in the Devanagari script is the language of the nation of Npal. The Nepali language shall be the official language.
(2) All the languages spoken as the mother tongue in the various parts of Nepal are the national languages of Nepal.
(4) After the commencement of this Constitution, the acquisition of citizenship of Nepal by a foreigner may be regulated by law which may, inter alia, require the fulfilment of the following conditions:
(a) that he can speak and write the language of the nation of Nepal;
(1) Each community residing within the Kingdom of Nepal shall have the right to preserve and promote its language, script and culture.
(2) Each community shall have the right to operate schools up to the primary level in its own mother tongue for imparting education to its children.
(3) The Election Commission shall not register any political organisation or party if any Nepali citizen of is discriminated against in becoming a member on the basis of religion, caste, tribe, language or sex or if the name, objectives, insignia or flag is of such a nature that it is religious or communal or tends to fragment the country.
◣New Zealand 紐西蘭
Bill of Rights Act as adopted 1990.
Section 20 [Rights of Minorities]
A person who belongs to an ethnic, religious, or linguistic minority in New Zealand shall not be denied the right, in community with other members of that minority, to enjoy the culture, to profess and practise the religion, or to use the language, of that minority.
Section 24 [Criminal Justice]
(g) Shall have the right to have the free assistance of an interpreter if the person cannot understand or speak the language used in court
Constitution as adopted on 9 January 1987.
Spanish is the official language of the state. The languages of the communities on the Atlantic Coast of Nicaragua will also be official in the cases determined by law.
All persons are equal before the law and have the right to equal protection. There shall be no discrimination for reasons of birth, nationality, political belief, race, sex, language, opinions, origins, economic position or any other social condition.
Article 33 2. Any person detained has the right:
(a) to be informed without delay, in a language he understands and in detail of the reasons for his detention and of the offence with which he is charged;
The Atlantic Coast communities have the right to the freedom of expression and to preserve their languages, art and culture. The development of their culture and values enriches the national culture. The state will set up special programmes for the exercise of these rights.
The state has the obligation of adopting laws that will ensure no Nicaraguan will be the victim of discrimination because of his language, culture or origin.
Access to education is free and equal for all Nicaraguans. Basic education is free and mandatory. Atlantic Coast communities will have in their region access to education in their mother tongue up to the levels determined by national plans and
The state protects the archaeological, historical, linguistic, cultural and artistic heritage of the nation.
... The state also guaranties the preservation of their cultures and languages, religions and customs.
This Constitution shall be widely distributed in the official language of the country; it will also be distributed in the languages of the Atlantic Coast communities.
Constitution as adopted on 20 April 1996.
Toutes les communautés composant la Nation nigérienne jouissent de la liberté d'utiliser leurs langues en respectant celles des autres.
Ces langues ont, en toute égalité, le statut de langues nationales. La loi fixe les modalités de leur promotion et de leur développement.
La langue officielle est le français.
在充分安排下，國會議事將以英語、豪瑟 (Hausa)、伊布 (Ibo) 及耀魯巴(Yoruba) 語進行。
Constitution as adopted on 1 October 1979, amended.
3. Every person who is arrested or detained shall be informed in writing within 24 hours, and in a language that he understands, of the facts and grounds for his arrest or detention
Every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be entitled:
(a) to be informed promptly in the language that he understands and in detail of the nature of the offence;...
(f) to have without payment the assistance of an interpreter if he cannot understand the language used at the trial of the offence.
4. Government shall promote the learning of indigenous languages.
The business of the National Assembly shall be conducted in English, and in Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba when adequate arrangements have been made therefore.
The business of a House of Assembly shall be conducted in English, but the House may in addition to English conduct the business of the House in one or more other languages spoken in the state as the House may by resolution approve.
國家當局有責任創造適於薩米 (Sami) 族人確保及發展自身語言、文化及社會生活之條件。
Constitution as adopted on 17 May 1814.
Only Norwegian citizens, men and women, who speak the language of the country, shall be appointed to official posts of the state,...
The state authorities have a duty to create conditions in order to make the Sami population able to secure and develop its language, culture and social life.